4/21/14
Hola Familia,
I hope you all had an awesome Easter. And felt the Spirit very strong. It sounds like all of you have been doing really good.
This week has been really cool. We had a way good meeting in West Columbia on Thursday. It was way fun. President Holm was there and we just had a really good time. I learned a lot from that meeting. The thing that impacted me the most was at the end when president holm was kinda giving the last training befor the meeting was over. He showed a clip. I think it is from a movie called "face the giants" i think a christian church made it. Well anyways, the clip was about a football team, and there was this kid that was kinda being negative and the other kids listened to him. so the coach called up the kid and blind folded him and he told him to do a bear crawl with a kid on his back. he didn't say how far he had to go, but just to give him his best. The kid thoght he would probably get to the 30 yard line. so the whole clip was the coach motivating this kid to keep on pushing to not give up, and to give him his best. Well the kid made it all the way to the in zone. Then we talked about how that applies to us as missionaries. Sometimes we don't give our best, we think our best is something, but god know that its not. It just really impacted me, and made me think to leave it all on the field. Sometimes it is way hard, and you get a little discouraged but its only for a small time. I came out of that meeting with some ideas. I already work hard, but sometimes i work hard at not the most effective thing. so i am going to be smarter with my time, because time does go by way fast.
My Easter was also way good, it was a good church service. While at church a family invited us over for dinner. we had a good time with them. They have a little girl her name is joni, she is like 9 and she hid some eggs for us in her living room. so we had an easter egg hunt. It was funny because when i opened my eggs there was nothing in them. She didn't want to give us her candy. IT was pretty funny!
Also yesterday President Holm left us a voice mail. so me and elder Montgomery heard it together. and it was president holm and he said elder franco can you please call me as soon as you can. Elder Montgomery was like shoot man, i hope no one in your family died. I told him not to say that. haha He sometimes thinks of the worst thing possible. But i called president holm and he told me that he is giving me another companion. so we are gonna be in a trio. This missionary had to go home for a little bit but is coming back today. President holm just asked if i could be a good companion to him and let him know how it goes. He is coming tonight. I am excited. We have a tiny apartment, i don't know how all of us are going to be able to live there. But i know that we will make it work.
Family I thank you so much for all you do. I really do feel all your prayers, they help me so much. sometimes i don't know how i get through somethings but i know its because of your faithful prayers. I hope that all of you have an awesome week. I love all of you so much, i hope and pray that as you do the small and simple things, you come closer to our savior and our father in heaven. you all take care. I love you.
sorry for such a short email. I just don't know what else to say.
Elder Franco
No comments:
Post a Comment