12/30/13
Hola familia,
It was awesome being able to talk to you on Christmas. Time flew by, I wish
that i could of talked for a little longer. I had a good Christmas though.
I enjoyed it very much. It is a Christmas that i probably wont forget. It
was my first away from home, I can't believe how fast time is going. It
honestly just blows my mind. It was fun to see all of your faces, not much
has changed about you all except Davie and Klaras Height and Davies voice.
That was funny!
We did a pretty good job keeping our emotions in. The last minute or so
were pretty rough, but it was cool. I was worried that the next day it was
going to be hard to get back to work. and to regain focus. But it was bad
at all. The next day it was right back to work.
I don't think i have told you about any of my investigators. Well this
Sunday Elizabeth came to church with her two children. that was awesome!!!
What is funny is she grew up a Jehovah's Witness or But she was met with
missionaries before and when she started reading the book of mormon she
liked the name sariah so named her daughter that. She is awesome though.
Her kids were starving at church yesterday so she walked across the street
to a McDonald. she went really quick and came back and stayed for all three
hours. She and her kids loved it. We are excited to keep working with them.
We are also working with another family, Alfredo, Isidora and Henry. They
are sweet. They are from Mexico. and they love us. It has been a little
difficult to help them keep commitments, but i love that family so much. We
had a awesome lesson with them yesterday.
The Work is going good. We are finding new people to work with, and also
having some success with less actives. I just love my mission. I learn new
things everyday.
Well the next time you hear from me, it will be a new year. 2014!!! And you
will also be hearing from an old man. I will be 20 years old. That is
crazy! Some how a member that i don't know to well found out it was my
birthday and he is having us over for dinner. He said he is gonna hook me
up with some good food and chocolate cake.
I hope all of you have come up with some good goal for the upcoming year. I
pray that you just dont have fitness and education and financial goals but
you have also Spiritual goals. A question that you should ask your selves
at the end of each year and frequently throughout is, Have i grown closer
to my father in heaven? I know if we focus on what really matter this year,
everything else will fall into place.
Family, I love you, i am grateful for you. You all are awesome! I hope that
you all have an awesome New Years. Please be safe, make 2014 the best year
yet.
Don't worry about me, i am loving it out here, and i am having fun.
Elder Franco
No comments:
Post a Comment