10/21/13
Hola familia,
Well it sounds like you already know where i am. I was transferred to Sumter. I was put in a zebra. What that means is, i have an English speaking companion. So we do both english and spanish work. When we teach in spanish i do all the talking. Sometimes i ask him to bare his testimony and i will translate it. So my new companions name is Elder Malcom. He is from new mexico. I have been out like a month longer than he has. He is a good missionary. He is really quiet, but we are getting along really well.
Well about Sumter, its probably the most ghetto place in south carolina. There is some streets that they ask us to stay off of at night. haha. Don't get worried its not to bad. Well there is a lot of work to be done here. They haven't had much success here in the past while. They haven't had investigators to church for over six weeks. The ward roster has over 1000 people on it. and we only have about 150 active members. So we have a ton of less active work to do. I am really excited. I kinda feel like i have been white washed into this area. Because Elder Malcom speaks no spanish, and he takes me to these spanish investigators, and i just have to figure it all out. Its been fun though. i feel like the lord is going to bless us. We have been working really hard, and being really obedient. We have been inviting everyone we can to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized. We have seen some success. I haven't been able to meet any of the english investigators that we have. I have been trying to, but we just have not been able to catch them.
Well i finally was able to ride my bike again. Its fun. i kinda missed it. but its harder to get stuff done. We still have a car, but we only have 200 miles for the rest of the month. so we are going to have to be biking a lot. it actually kinda been cold. nothing horrible. Like yesterday i was teaching a lesson to this lady outside, we couldn't go in because there was no man in the house. when i was talking i could see my breath. Everyone is saying its gonna be a cold winter, it ok, i got a car.
About west columbia. Man it was hard to leave. I knew everyone there, and here since it is a ward. It is gonna be hard to get to know everyone. President Holm said that the Bishop here was begging him for a native speaker. The Bishop here is way sweet. i do miss west columbia, but i am super excited about this area. Its gonna be tough, but i know there will be tons of miracles.
Oh yeah, i am a district leader now. I really have no idea what i am doing. I am just kinda making it up as i go. On Thursday we have district developing meeting. And i am in charge of that. I am not to worried. im pretty sure i will figure it out. My district is pretty small.
Well, i am still loving my mission so much. I cant believe that Lars is back. That just blows my mind. I love you all so much. And i am way grateful for all of your support. You are always in my prayers. Please be safe. love ya.
Elder Franco
No comments:
Post a Comment