9/16/13
Hola familia.
It has been a good week this week. a lot has happened. Yeah i know Elder Billings I forgot he went home, i didn't serve a ton with him, but we knew each other pretty good. Yeah he is from Hurricane, he was a way good missionary. oh and about not remembering my dads second last name. I knew it started with a B but i just couldn't remember. I was thinking about for a long time, but it just didn't come to me. They were about to call you, i told them if they did i told them to tell you that i wasn't with them. haha. They didn't though. They are still doing really good. they came to church. I was actually quite surprised because they had a little party at there house to watch the Canelo vs. Mayweather fight. and over here it didnt start till eleven, so they didnt go to bed till like 2:30 in the morning. But they still came, i was way happy.
Also yesterday we had our noche de talentos. It came out way good. We had a lot of people show up. it was fun. We were at the church early setting things up. It kinda took a long time. for the first hour i was just blowing up balloons, i got a headache from doing that. Then we set up tables and we had to hang the balloons from the ceiling so i had to climb up the latter it was way high, it was scary, i forgot that i am not a big fan of heights. haha It all came out way good though. The talents were pretty sweet, there was a lot of good ones. my favorite was probably president acostas and his wife. they danced like some 80's song. and president acosta was picking up his wife and throwing her and stuff. they did way good. I went to the activity with the intention to take a ton of pictures, but i didnt take any. Please forgive me. i was busy. sorry.
We had a lot of meetings this week. we had the all spanish training meeting. it was good, it was pretty long, but i learned a ton of stuff, that i have been using in my missionary efforts. President Acosta was the special guest invited by president holm. He gave a really good training. He was pretty bold, and he was really honest about every question. something that i loved that he said was "investigators won't receive a message from a stranger, but they will receive a message from a friend" It is so true, once you become there friends is when they start listening and progressing and coming closer to god.
Family i have been working hard, i get tired at times, but i love it so much. I wouldn't want to be doing anything else. It is so crazy to be in the world but not part of it. It is amazing to me that my wants and desires are completely different from what they used to be. I love being a missionary so much. I know i say that a lot, but i hope you understand how much it means to me to be able to wear my name tag every day. Yesterday at church was the primary program, and a group of primary children sang "I hope they call me on a mission" the spirit hit me so strong at the moment, i remember how much i used to want to come on the mission, and it hit me that i am now on one. How blessed am i. I hope you are all doing great. I love you all so much. and so grateful for all you have done for me. be safe.
Elder Franco
No comments:
Post a Comment