Monday, April 21, 2014

Busy Week

4/14/14

Hola Familia,
Como estan? Its been a way fast wek. I cant believe it. A lot of cool stuff happened this week. Right when i sit down to start writing an email, i feel like my mind goes blank and i can't think of anything that happened. haha
It was just a good week. I felt like i was pulling a lot of the weight in everything, but we had an exchange this week and it really helped my companion out. he just built confidence and got excited about the work. So it has just been a great week, i haven't had to get on him or anything like that this week. and we have just been really unified and we have put someone on date everyday this week. I think we will keep it up, it has been a lot easier since the exchange. Good things will continue to happen.
On Saturday we went and did a service project. It was way fun. The project was to tear down and replace the shingles of a roof for another church. We got there early and when i was right about to start working, i heard someone yell at me and when i looked up at the roof to see who it was, it was President Acosta. he had come down to help. I was so happy to see him. We were able to catch up a little and talk about the branch. After we finished cleaning up all the shingles that were all over the floor we got up on the roof and started putting shingles back on the roof. I got to build better relationships with the members, and have a good time with them. After we finished, the members of the other church made us lunch, and then President Acosta gave us a ride home. He is coming again in two weeks to finish the other side of the roof. I forgot my camera that day, but if i go next time, i will make sure to take it.
This sunday was Elder Montgomery's birthday, so on saturday when we went to the Marinos to teach an english class they fed us tamales and we kinda had a little party for him. But as we were leaving they gave him gifts, and they also gave me gifts. There were three families there the marinos, the andres, and the tolentinos. and they all gave him and me birthday presents. I don't know why they gave me stuff but i was way grateful. We both got two ties and 20 dollars. I told them thank you so many times but i don't think that showed how grateful i was for what they did. I love that family so much. Those three families are related. they are three sisters all married. they are awesome.
Yesterday after church we went on splits with two members that speak spanish. I went with Brother Chipman and Elder Montgomery went with brother Youngkeit. We got a lot done. It was funny because brother Chipman took me out to see some family that was like 25 minutes away and he took me there like at 8:30. So we got talking and we didn't leave till like a little after nine. but we forgot that the car was still at the church and i had the keys. And on sunday nights you have to come in early so you can report key indicators. and the district was calling me while i was with brother Chipman trying to give me there key indicators. It all worked out good though. I wasn't late in turning them in or anything. Brother Chipman was laughing he just told me to blame it all on him.
We didn't have the biggest turnout at church we only had three people show up, but next week will be better. i know we will get a good amount of people to come next week.
Family i am doing really good, i am having a blast here on my mission. Things are starting to pick up and we are seeing the hand of the Lord in our work. I hope that you all remember our Savior especially during this Easter season. I hope that you all have a fantastic week, that you all may be able to enjoy Easter, and feel of the special spirit that is around us this time of year. I love all of you. You all be safe.
Elder Franco

No comments:

Post a Comment