3/24/14
Hola Familia,
Como estan? This week flew by. I don't know where the time went. We had a meeting and i also went on an exchange in West Columbia. Thats Probably why time went so fast this week. We have been keeping ourselves pretty busy.
So on Wednesday we had a Spanish Training meeting. Those are my favorite, all the spanish missionaries come from our mission. It is a way fun meeting. I think right now we have the most spanish missionaries than we have ever had before. We have like 26. One goes home this transfer and also one comes in. Me and Elder Montogomery had to give a training. It was fun. We weren't super prepared because they didn't tell us untill the night before, and in the morning we didn't really have time to prepare either because we had to get up early to drive to Irmo. The Whole meeting was in Spanish and so was our training, it was cool. We gave a training on "Teaching when you find, and finding when you teach." It came out good. I like giving trainings, you learn a lot, and they are just fun to give.
After the Meeting i went Back with Elder Manwaring to West Columbia to have an exchange. I was so excited to go back to my old area for a day. I saw president Acosta for a little bit and his family they had to do something at the church, so i couldn't talk to him for long. I also saw Mari and Rafa, and some other members. IT was awesome to see them again. We taught some lessons and i introduced him to some people that i used to visit. IT was way fun. They all told me the same thing to make sure i go back and visit. I love that area so much.
It is the end of the month so we are super low on miles. So we have been biking a ton. WE have been pretty tired some days. And Yesterday when we were biking, i jumped a curb and did something to my bike and its not working. So Yesterday we were gonna walk everywhere, but the people we visit would just take us to our next appointment. so it worked out good. It was a tender mercy, because we were gonna walk a long ways. Today we will probably get our fair share of walking though. I am going to try to fix my bike, but if i can't i will probably take it in somewhere so they can take a look at it.
On Sundays i am still translating and i am still teaching the gospel prinsibles class. That is good though, because that means we got less actives and investigators to come. The group was suppose to be a lot bigger yesterday, but we still had some. Next sunday we are expecting and really good size group. The Hispanics are starting to get excited here and are inviting people out as well. I know that good things are gonna start happening. WE are excited. We are also going to start English Classes this week. A lot of people have expressed interest in that. That should help us find more hispanics and build good relationships.
Family i am doing really well. There isn't really anything you have to worry about. i am doing way good. I am having fun, and i am still working hard. I love my mission and i love being a missionary. You are always in my prayers, and i love hearing from all of you. I am very gratefull for all your prayers, they honestly give me streaghth everyday. You all take care, and be safe. I love you.
Elder Franco
P.s. I forgot my camera at the apartment, maybe next week i'll send some pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment