Monday, April 21, 2014

On the mission August 2013

8/19/13



Como esta mi Familia? 

I had a really good week. I enjoyed it. i learned a ton this week. A lot of small miracles. Elder Silva is doing good. he is picking up everything quickly. Right now i am helping him him get a filter in his mouth. Sometimes he says things in front of investigators and members that they really dont need to know. He has gotten a lot better. He doesnt take offense when i tell him either. He is gonna be a really good missionary. 

You asked about my cooking. Well this last month, i have turned into a master chef. I have cooked mole, tortas, Sheperd's pie, and some other way good stuff. Thats only if we have time. If i do, ill cook for the apartment. 

You also asked about our apartment. I didnt tell you, but for like a month we were being attacked by bed bugs. haha I didnt want you guys worrying. I think its all taken care of now. We havent been bit this week. But at first it was way bad. One of the roomates Elder Barker got destroyed one night. i felt way bed. We soaked the place with chemicals and alcohol. Its was crazy and it kinda sucked but its all good now. haha I didnt even know bed bugs were real until i got here to SC. it was insane. 

On p days i havent been playing basketball. Sister Holm told me not to play because my groin has been hurting. for a little over a week. Dont worry though. its nothing serious. i am gonna start playing again next week. 

My talk on sunday went way good. I didnt really struggle with my spanish at all. Elder Barker told me to record it. so he let me borrow his voice recorder and i just had it in my suit pocket while i gave my talk. Its sounds good. I will try to send it to you. so you can hear my spanish. haha. Dont make fun of me. The talk wasnt that long it was only like 15 minutes. I liked giving it. I had some bullet points on a piece of paper, but when i got up there, i didnt even use the paper, i kinda just went by the spirit. It was cool. 

Mari and Rafa are doing really good. They love us, they love the church and the people in it. It is just hard for them to get married. I have seriously seen a huge change in there lives. for some reason they are a ton happier then they were before. I honestly love that family. I was thinking a lot about them last night and i was thinking what if i cant help them further. It almost brought me to tears. I love them so much. I love there kids. i want them to be an eternal family so bad. I pray that i can help them progress in the gospel.  God has a plan for them, it will soon be revealed. 

Yesterday We got to go have dinner at the mission home with president holm and his wife. Our whole district did. Because we hit our goal last month. it was way cool. We got to spend like three hours with president holm. He asked me a lot of questions about my area and my investigators. It was way sweet. He also told me i needed a hair cut. haha sister holm gave me some clippers and i cut  there at the mission home. it was sweet! They werent mad, they just asked if i wanted to cut it and i said yeah. so i did. 

I am so happy that you are all doing way good. i want you to not worry about me. I am doing great. Everyday that i am out here is a blessing. I love it. I am so grateful that i have this opportunity. I honestly wouldn't want to be anywhere else. My mission has changed me for the better. I will forever be grateful for that. I know that i am still fairly new on my mission. but i loved every second of it so far. I hope ya'll now how much i love you. and how much you mean to me. Thank you for all you do for me. I love you. Take care, be safe. 

Elder Franco

No comments:

Post a Comment