Monday, April 21, 2014

Not getting transfered

3/31/14

Hola Familia,
I am emailing way later than i usually do. I bet you thought i wasn't gonna send one this week. What happened was that one of the Elders had a Doctors appointment in Columbia. So we had to get up early and drive up to Columbia. It is like a 45 minute drive up. it is not too bad. So we were up there all day and we got back to the apartment got in our car and came here to email before we have to go back and go to work.
 
We had fun in Columbia, we ate pizza at sams club and then we went bowling.  Some other missionaries there in Columbia came as well. It was way fun.
 
Well i am not getting Transfered. I didn't think i was but i was still a little nervous because i wasn't sure. I am here at least one more. I am happy, there is still quite a bit of work that i want to get done here. We had a pretty good sunday yesterday. We had a pretty good group of hispanics here. 2 of them were non members. Bishop is really excited that we are helping bring more people to church. This Sunday was Fast and Testimony meeting, translating wasn't too hard. I also taught gospel principles, i like doing that i learn a lot as well when i teach.
 
I am trying to think what other stuff happened this week. I gave two baptismal interviews for the sisters investigators. That was pretty cool, you don't get a ton of opportunities to do that. What the interview is, you just ask certain questions and determine if they are ready for baptism or not. It was cool. They both passed and were baptized this weekend.
 
We are doing pretty good on investigators, we haven't been able to see them as much as we want to because we have been really low on miles, and they are pretty far away to be biking. So we have had to find members to take us. We are working with a lot of really cool people. There is the obsticle of having to get them married. It is hard for people who don't have papers to get married here in Orangeburg. You have to go to another county and get a marriage lisence. That is some of the stuff we have to figure out and deal with.
 
It has been a way fun week. It has been going way fast. I am way excited for general Conference this upcoming weekend. they are just awesome and you learn so much. I hope that all of you have some of your questions answered and recieve some personal revelation. I know that the men we are going to here from have been called of God. I know that the message that the Prophet is going to give comes from our father in heaven. Amos 3:7. I love you all sorry for the short email this week. Be safe , and enjoy your week.
 
Elder Franco

No comments:

Post a Comment